Issues of concern
Please also look at Public Affairs for greater detail on some issues
- End of 'exception' for churches registration as charities. Registration of all with income in excess of £100k by October 2007
- The meaning of 'public benefit' for the churches
- Anti-discrimination in the provision of goods and services regulations re. sexual orientation.
- Anti-discrimination regulations re. age in employment - its impact on retirement
- Anti-discrimination regulations re. religion and belief
- Discrimination Law Review - ensuring that any single Bill remains true to the original legislation
Employment status of ministers of religion
- Employees or office holders? Pressure from unions is for ministers to be regarded as employees and thereby be subject to employment legislation - be assured appropriate conditions of employment and rights to legal processes in connection with their employment. The nature of ministry is challenged. Churches are not against treating their ministers fairly.